Hello and welcome to Almonds & Sunset, a place to inspire and dream.
I’m Martina and I started this blog as a creative outlet to share my experience of living abroad and my passion for traveling.
My dream is to inspire other people to pack their bags and discover the world outside their comfort zone, not only by travels but also by actually spending a longer time in one country or place. As scary as it may seem, it is so worth it. Take my word for it, I know what I’m talking about! For most of my adult life I lived abroad – I partly studied in Spain, did an internship in the US, got my first job in Switzerland and lived in Australia for four years. A bit over a year ago I moved to sunny California.
I love nuts – it’s as simple as that! Almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pistachios, you name it! There is probably not a single day where I don’t eat them in some shape or form, so no matter where I am in the world, they are part of my everyday life.
Do I really need to explain why a sunset? Is there anything more uplifting and positive than a ray of sunshine? It warms you from within, lifts your mood and simply makes you happy. I especially love sunsets, maybe because they are the perfect ending to a day or simply because I’m not really a morning person.
What better way is there to end a day with a perfect sunset, a cool drink and almonds to nibble on? It’s the perfect combination and no matter where I am in the world, there will always be almonds (or some sort of nuts) and sunsets.
Some random facts about me
- My all-time favorite TV series is Friends. Still makes me laugh, every single time!
- I am a huge tennis fan and especially love the Australian Open
- Languages are one of my big passion. I speak four and would love to learn many, many more! My favorite one is Spanish.
- This is not really random but I love food, all kinds of food and cuisines. I would say I eat fairly healthy because I feel what you put into your body it is crucial for your health and well-being
- Just like I think it’s essential what we put into our body, it’s equally important to think about what we put on it. That’s why I’m very passionate about clean and green beauty.
- Although I haven’t been able to take any flamenco classes recently, I still love this dance so much. It’s my favorite dance in the world and I can’t put into words how it makes me feel to dance or watch someone dance or to listen to flamenco music. I’m still a total beginner, but who cares J
- I love watching documentaries – of all kinds
- Music was my first love and it will be my last